Terminology: Understanding Your Session
Every industry has its own language. This
will aid you in becoming familiar with BodyTalk terminology.
- is the chart created by Dr. Veltheim that the practitioner refers
to in order to establish what the priorities and links are. (See Common
Priorities or Links, below).
- this is one of the first things your practitioner will
ask before a session; it's another way of asking about your most important
- similar to a math formula to solve an equation, BodyTalk uses all
the factors that make up the human body and combines them in the order
shown by innate wisdom necessary to balance the bodymind and generate
- Innate wisdom is the intelligence that drives the bodymind towards
homeostasis, or balance. It is that which animates you. It has a clear
record of all your genetic information, all you experiences, all your
emotions, all your physical, mental and spiritual ailments - since
the time of your conception. While it would be impossible for you
to remember or even know all of those details, your innate wisdom
knows everything that makes you, you; and it knows what areas of the
bodymind must be addressed to achieve balance for healing.
Communication - In the same
way that a cut finger heals itself, your body can heal your health
concerns once communication is reestablished. If the brain, the blood,
and the finger didn't communicate chemically, platelet's might form
too slowly and inhibit clotting, so innate wisdom may indicate tapping
out the blood to the platelet's.
Occasionally the bodymind will want to disassociate
from an emotion or a memory that has an emotional charge that is leading
you away from balance. An example would be a subconsciously stored
memory of a motor vehicle accident, details: June 10, 2000, linked
to the left knee (damaged in the accident) defined by fear. The bodymind
wants to disassociate that charge rather than reestablish communication.
Once it does, the knee stops aching every time a number of subconscious
factors come together, such as watching an accident on TV. The memory
stays but the emotional charge is diffused.
- the area of the bodymind that innate wisdom is indicating as the
key element necessary to reestablish communication with another area
at that moment. The priority will change, likely, with
the next formula. For example, the stomach to the spleen indicates
that communication needs to be reestablished between the two areas;
the stomach, because it comes up first, is referred to as the priority.
The link would be the spleen.
- the organ, endocrine, body part, or other area relating to the client
that the priority is reestablishing communication with or disassociation
to. Other areas the priority might link up to include factors in the
environment, memories with emotional charges attached, lymph, circulation,
body chemistry, cellular repair, etc.
- add more information about the priority or one of the links to ensure
that the 'net is cast widely' to gather all pertinent data around
your health concern.
- the practitioner is getting more specific information on the priority
or links. For example, if the heart is a priority, but innate wants
to go more specific, we may be led to the tricuspid valve in the heart
rather than the whole heart. Another example in the case of an animal
being the priority, more specific could lead us to a dog, and further
exploring would lead us to fear of dogs from an incident of being
bitten by a dog as a paperboy. More specific will often be referred
to as MS.
- is adding more information to the formula. Western anatomy and physiology
is used, emotions, other systems such as a trigger point in a muscle
being touched during the tap out. The Chinese five elements, consciousness,
and the five senses will help define a priority or a link.
Parcels & Packages
- priorities and links in many different groups.
or Delayed - the body has the capabilities
to run a formula for several minutes, or a few minutes at a time for
a day or more. You don't need to do anything about it---your body
will do it all.
- a factor that can be a fixed part of a formula, or it could be roving
and will be called upon to help solve the formula during many different
times during the tap out.
- another formula or sets of formulas solving at the same time.
- doing one or more formulas inside the BodyTalk session; this terminology
refers to the holographic universe principle that everything is represented
inside everything else. A subsession could be done on the heart for
example and could include several priorities and links.
- the practitioner has determined, through innate wisdom, that there
are no further links or details necessary for the formula to solve
itself. The practitioner will have you touch one of the areas involved
in the formula, and will, using his/her fingers, gently tap on the
head to get the brain involved, and then on the heart to store the
information permanently, and therefore, get results that last.
- At the end of the session, the practitioner asks if there is a follow-up
session required and advises you of the numbers of days, weeks, or
months for the next session indicated by innate wisdom. You, of course,
are free to book or not book another appointment. In emergency cases,
the follow-up may be necessary in minutes or hours rather than days.
Formula's That Don't
Appear To Make Sense - Because the
bodymind has all the information stored in it: genetic predispositions,
stressors, and environmental factors including what you eat and drink,
other people and events, etc. and can 'see' the whole picture that
is your body and your mind, sometimes the formulas don't appear to
make sense. As the body is always accurate, there is no need to analyze
that which is impossible to analyze due to lack of information. We
cannot 'see' the whole picture, and fortunately, with the BodyTalk
System we don't need to for the body and mind to heal.
- In our experience, results can be seen after one session or not
until after several sessions. The body can have healing priorities
on a deeper level, not necessarily related to the symptoms you wish
to address. When that is the case, there are usually more sessions
required to deal with the issues and symptoms that concern you. The
body is working and wearing out from the day you're born, so there
can be hidden priorities that must be addressed for good health to
be maintained or before a tennis elbow can be balanced for healing.
Even though the practitioner has your verbal permission, permission
is also established at the levels of: general, body, mind, and spirit
to ensure the client is ready/willing for health to be addressed at
- The Chinese Five Elements (fire, earth, metal, water, wood and all
their concordances) are used in BodyTalk to balance the body in a
number of different ways. An example would be to bring the fire element,
specifically, heat, to the kidneys that are excessive in cold, and
thereby, increase the efficiency of the kidneys.
- The world is seen through the five subtle (energic) and the physical
senses and include: sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. BodyTalk
sees them as the 'sticky fly paper' that gathers and stores faulty
information that affects the senses. For example, if the physical
sense of hearing were to be a healing priority, it would indicate
that, possibly, there is a physical hearing problem. If the subtle
sense of hearing were the priority, it could indicate that what is
being heard is distorted. This technique individuates (frees) the
senses and results in better hearing physically, and better hearing,
at a subtle level (hearing the truth).
- As everything is consciousness, this technique addresses many aspects
of the human condition including: misperception of self, the concept
of self vs. others, personality modification, mortality, enthusiasm,
inspiration, goal-oriented actions, control, judgment, inhibitions,
self-esteem, unburdening, open-mindedness, synthesis, pathological
and natural consciousness of all organs, endocrines and body parts.
- Unlocks Spheno-Basilar - cartilaginous junction of sphenoid &
basilar portion of occipital bone which can result immediately in
increased breathing capacity, memory, reduction or disappearance of
tension headaches, 'foggy' head, depression, endocrine and digestive
disorders and can protect against poor response to sessions.
- When this technique is performed, it raises the stress threshold.
That means that stressors that would normally 'switch' the brain off
or into (self) destructive behavior wouldn't affect the bodymind.
When the brain is switched, common symptoms are: a feeling similar
to the circuits being 'blown', mental confusion, memory lapses, left/right
confusion, right/wrong confusion, poor reading comprehension, self-destructive
behavior, and poor response to BodyTalk sessions.
- This technique balances the left and right hemispheres of the cortices
in the brain with astounding results. When the brain is functioning
optimally, it is reflected in the body. A common feeling after this
technique is done, is a comforting sense of well-being.
- Hydration enables cells in the body to utilize water. If dehydration
is present anywhere in the body, even if large quantities of water
are being consumed, the cells will not be able to utilize the water
properly. Common symptoms include: arthritic pain, general amplification
of pain, impaired metabolism, malnourishment, lethargy, cellular degeneration,
poor coordination, and gastrointestinal pain.
- This will unblock energy, blood,
lymph, or nerve flow that has been impaired due to a scar or blemish.
For example, tapping out an appendix surgery scar could result in
the disappearance of unexplained pain in the groin.
- Removing or balancing environmental factors that could interfere
with the session will enhance the balancing of the bodymind during
the session. For example, if there is a pin in the ankle, it may have
to be linked to the ski accident that necessitated the pin, and tapped
out before the session can continue, as that factor (the pin) was
unbalancing the bodymind to the point of interfering with the balancing
of the rest of the body.
- Every system categorizes the human body differently; BodyTalk uses
these categories, while recognizing that they could be (and are) categorized
differently in other systems: lungs, heart, liver, gall bladder, stomach,
spleen, small intestine, large intestine, bladder, kidneys. When the
organs come up as a priority or a link, communication between them
and other areas is being enhanced or re-established.
- Includes the pineal gland, pituitary gland, thyroid, thymus, pancreas,
ovaries, testes, adrenals. When the endocrines come up as a priority
or a link, communication between them and other areas is being enhanced
- All other areas of the body from a western anatomy (structure) and
physiology (function) standpoint are included in this category. The
brain (cortices for higher thinking and moving, etc. the limbic brain
for emotions, etc. and the reptilian brain for basic survival-type
actions such as heart rate, breathing, etc.), the back, chest, abdomen,
limbs, joints, connective tissue, skin, blood, nerves, lymph, muscles,
skeleton, fat, and complete systems including: respiratory, lymphatic,
endocrine, digestive, reproductive, nervous, etc. The cells of each
area of the body can also be regularly identified and balanced, right
down to the DNA, the mitochondria (energy producers), the cell membrane,
- These energy centres of transformation step down subtle energies
and transform them into nerve, cellular, & hormonal energy. The
49 subchakras are also utilized. This form of healing is an ancient
art and enhances the bodymind dynamics to enable remarkable healing.
- These are energy centres with correlating consciousness.
- Used extensively in Chinese Medicine, this technique acknowledges
the wisdom behind the concepts that are behind the art of acupuncture.
No needles are used in BodyTalk, but the effect is generally the same
as when done in acupuncture---without the pins.
Pancreas Reflex Point
- Balancing the pancreas, generally re-establishes connection to the
liver and the digestive system in general, which results in more energy
and better digestion.
Environment - Balances the bodymind
to any environmental factors that are affecting it. Under this category,
one may be balanced to a person, place, object, action, event, animal,
work, money, emotion, etc.
- Energy known as Wei Qi can be balanced to protect any organ, endocrine
or body part. It can also balance emotional, climatic and psychic
- This will strengthen the link between the client and their birth
vivaxis (at moment of birth we're stamped with an energy configuration
based on many factors, one of them being the orientation of the planets
at the time of birth).
- This balances the client to their environment and has been used
effectively to balance many issues, including when the client feels
like they don't 'fit' in.
Body Vivaxis -
Energically moves one body part in relation to another. The body part
will then physically move itself into a more compatible position.
- Brings the energy of a planet into the formula. Bringing Venus into
a formula will tend to harmonize; bringing in the sun will give more
power or energy, etc.
-Each house and meridian represents a two hour period on the clock
and refers to, among other things, the following: 3am - 5am:lungs;
5am - 7am: large intestine; 7am - 9am: stomach; 9am - 11am spleen;
11am - 1pm: heart; 1 pm - 3 pm: small intestine; 3pm - 5pm: bladder;
5pm - 7 pm: kidney; 7pm - 9pm: heart constrictor; 9pm - 11pm: three
heater; 11pm - 1am: gall bladder; 1am - 3am: liver. Because the bodymind
moves through these cycles, all BodyTalk sessions will take 24 hours
to work through all the meridians or houses.
- The bodymind energies move through the 12 houses on a daily cycle
represented in the Chinese clock. The houses represent stages of human
development, from birth to self-knowledge and death.
- Addresses influences from the past, including family genetics (3
- 5 generations), religious (persecutions, etc.) or cultural issues,
events (subconscious memory of horrible death that influences health
today), and environmental factors such as a forest fire or tsunami
that caused severe emotional and possibly physical ailments, etc.
- Energy configurations that are built up and can be helpful or harmful
to the bodymind; included here are ways to improve communication and
relationships within families, businesses and groups.
- Balancing body to substances it reacts to: Microbes such as viruses,
bacteria, parasites, and fungi), Toxins, Allergies, Intolerances (to
- This disconnects the link between the brain and the emotional charge
stored with a memory regarding Belief Systems (love, sexuality, sensuality,
body image), Events pertaining to one's entire life, including: past
relationships, lifetime periods, fetal life, childbirth, specific
events and fears and phobias.
- It is possible to repair harmful ramifications of vaccines, chemical
pollutants, acute diseases, genetic disorder and severe emotional
- Activates lymph in specific areas of the body to increase nutrient
and germ-fighting white blood cells supplied to an area and waste
removal from an area.
Circulation - Blood
- Addresses blood supply to, from, or within an organ, endocrine or
Circulation - Nerve
- Addresses nerve supply to, from, or within an organ, endocrine or
Circulation - Spinal
Nerves - Addresses the spinal nerves:
Somatic (voluntary), Sympathetic (fight,flight), Parasympathetic (tend,
Circulation - Lymph
- Addresses draining lymph from and within areas of the body, or in
the case of Chinese Medicine, draining thoughts from areas of the
- Improves communication between various parts of the body via the
electromagnetic field around body.
- Energically doing cranial sacral work and musculoskeletal work.
- Often links up an injured limb (finger, toe, shoulder, etc.) with
the brain to reestablish communication to enhance movement, and/or
eliminate or reduce pain.
- Relating to improving performance around taking tests, sports, etc.
- Done with BodyTalk, is taking the planet by storm. See Stroke in
Success Stories. While you always take the appropriate steps and call
a doctor, BodyTalk first aid can be administered with immediate and
- The body is asking that a formula be released as a specific time.
- Moving emotions from an area in the body where they are stored.
- College level training dealing with advanced concepts, below.
-A hybrid conglomeration of active memories that are causing more
serious health issues and usually hidden in the subconscious mind;
they often have secondary crystals in an organ, endocrine or body
part. Kundalini energy is safely used to dissipate the crystal, which
can be energic or physical in nature.
- The body's own healing energy that
is located at the base of the spine and runs throughout the body.
Unit One - Includes a detailed study
of the brain and its corresponding functions. Common terms are: thalamus
(and its 16 subcategories), hypothalamus, subthalamus, nucleus caudate,
amygdala, putamen, substancia nigra, globis pallidus, subiculum, reticular
formation, cerebellum, cerebrum, pre-frontal cortex, corpus callosum,
hippocampus, midbrain, medulla, brain stem, mamillary bodies, septal
region, and cingulated gyrus.
Parama Unit 2 - working with the body's
alarm and behavioral approach systems as well as dealing with
fear/reward/pleasure/inhibition centrers. Karmic debt can be transmuted
with PU2 and projections can be integrated through a technique known as a
Should your practitioner use a term that is
not familiar to you, please inquire.